Monday, February 2, 2015

Baby Wash Cloths

I'm so excited about this next little venture! For some odd reason when I saw this idea at 2 Little Hooligans, that I found on Pinterest, I just knew I had to make some myself. Talk about cute, cute, cute! Christina has a wonderful tutorial and made making these little gems so easy - trust me, I would have made this way harder than it is. Oh and folks, let me tell you, learning to draw sewing lines on my fabric has revolutionized my sewing - seriously, revolutionized.

These are merely the first in 40 I plan on making before March. Thirty-two are cut out, 28 are pinned together or sewn together (but not edged yet). As I ran out of brown thread for the majority of these adorable little creations, I realized I had some blue and could do a few start to finish.

These 40 that I'm making are 8x8in. The fronts are a cotton print, the backs are crushed velvet. The original calls for a minky. I tested both out on one of my daughters and she said she preferred the crushed velvet because the fibers are shorter and the fabric is a little lighter (weight-wise). When I think of bathing babies I tend to think of a very light fabric. The price difference helped make the decision for these first presents. As I get more experience and widen my purview of cloth types, including using minky ... eventually.




This picture shows a little more detail of an individual. You can also see the bottom of my drinking glass in the top of the picture to give a little perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment