Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Potted Scripture Hearts

So I took a couple of ideas I found on Pinterest and combined them to make my own creation. One was scripture hearts from Simply Home and another was some hearts in a pot found over at HGTV. When I do things I want them to be more than just decoration - I like them to have a little purpose, such as reflecting on my faith... my love for God and His love for me and mine.

So each heart represents someone in our family though the scripture on each heart does not necessarily relate directly to that person in some special way, other than that God loves them and gives each of commands to love one another :)

I used scrapbooking paper that I've had lying around for years - literally afraid to use it for fear that I would find something else even better to use it for on down the road. I'm done being like that! I am going to use the things I have and if I need "it" for something else then I'll make a trip to the store!
The vase is a vase that held flowers at my mom's funeral.

Perhaps one year I'll learn how to print within the confines of shape and make these look even better but for now, I'm just going to rearrange these a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment