Sunday, February 15, 2015

Framed Hearts

I have a small affinity for framed work - not all framed work, mind you - very specific types of framed art. I saw a similar piece, again, on Pinterest. I just had to try my hand at it. This idea is found at Scrapstudio. I had no newspaper so I used an old book that I never planned on reading again. I chose 5 pages in which there was talk of love - not physical love, but real heartfelt love - my favorite being about a son who sat down to have a serious conversation with his dad in which the son simply wanted to make sure his dad knew that he really loved him.

Then I sat down with a bunch of scraps, that I normally would have thrown away, from making other crafts and cut hearts of different shapes and sizes. As I began placing the hearts, I realized I needed more as I wanted to connect them all just a little bit. I think it turned out pretty good. If I could change the polka dot hearts to have at least the merest of outlines I would, but I'm not sure how to do so without ruining them. I'll think on it or run across an idea eventually and then *maybe* I'll attempt to change them!

For now, this my framed work. I think it turned out decently, even if I do think the idea I ran across is much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment